How Can We Do Web Hosting
>>Get Started With Siteground for $3.95 Per Month<<
Siteground offers their site hosting services globally since 2014 and they’re headquartered in Bulgaria. How Can We Do Web Hosting
From the web development community, SiteGround is known as the cheap/shared hosting provider that comes with unlimited bandwidth and includes SSL (Let’s Encrypt) and CDN (CloudFlare).
You may pay monthly $3.95/mo (this includes an additional $14.95 setup fee) or yearly and they transfer your website for free (just ask their live chat).
When reviewing SiteGround, we discovered their performance really good. Their last 10-month average was 99.99% and load time 714ms.
We also found their customer support knowledgeable in WordPress related questions. We did not like their”setup” fee for 1-month plans and slightly limited storage space.
Below are the pros and cons we discovered using SiteGround shared hosting:
Pros of SiteGround Hosting
Include uptime, speed, and support. Those three categories are the most critical to your site’s success.
Additionally, there are a few other areas where web hosts can set themselves apart from the competition, like additional plan features, which can positively contribute to their overall evaluation. SiteGround has a few.
1. High Uptime (99.99%)
All our hosting reviews are based on eight months of actual statistics and raw data.
Instead of using ready-made software solutions, SiteGround prefers in-house crafted solutions to ensure high-quality hosting experience.
- Their platform is built on Linux containers that provide great stability in times of unexpected traffic spikes.
- SiteGround was the first hosting provider that introduced the account isolation technology for client security.
- They built their own proactive server monitoring system that monitors their servers every 0.5 seconds and also proactively fixes any problems without human intervention, thus ensuring amazing uptime.
During this time, our evaluation site on SiteGround had an average uptime of 99.99percent , which is .05% greater compared to 99.94% industry standard and a promise from SiteGround.
They only had 20 outages in the previous year (2018). That’s impressive as Web Hosting Pad had 2000+ reverses.
Here’s the’uptime’ overview:
Last 10-month typical UPTIME:
- December 2017 average uptime: 100%
- January 2018 average uptime: 100 percent
- February 2018 average uptime: 99.97%
- March 2018 average uptime: 99.99percent
- April 2018 average uptime: 100%
- May 2018 average uptime: 99.97%
- June 2018 average uptime: 100 percent
- July 2018 average uptime: 100 percent
- August 2018 average uptime: 99.99percent
- September 2018 average uptime: 100 percent
SiteGround Load Time & UpTime: Last 10+ weeks’ detailed data can be found here.
2. Above Average Load Time (714ms)
Over the identical 10-month period, our SiteGround test website saw an ordinary page loading times of 714ms — quicker than the 890ms average load times we found from other web hosts.
That is very good — one of the quickest we’ve seen.
It was also VERY consistent. No spikes or slow loading times. So far, so good.
Last 10-month typical LOAD TIME:
- December 2017 average rate: 680ms
- January 2018 average speed: 730ms
- February 2018 average rate: 730ms
- March 2018 average rate: 693ms
- April 2018 average rate: 735ms
- May 2018 average speed: 733ms
- June 2018 average rate: 699ms
- July 2018 average rate: 737ms
- August 2018 average speed: 688ms
- September 2018 average rate: 712ms
In overall, SiteGround is pretty fast.
>Get Started With Siteground for $3.95 Per Month<<
3. Highly Knowledgeable & Responsive Support
Customer support is one place where SiteGround pays attention. Which is no small feat, when you consider that they’re processing over 800 phone calls 1,500 + tickets and chat requests daily.
Over 300 people at SiteGround are engaged with customer support only to make sure customers are taken care of and support is provided in three languages — Spanish, English and Italian.
- SiteGround provides support for well beyond only hosting related topics — their representatives help with CMS questions as well.
- The official client poll results released by SiteGround annually show that their client satisfaction rate is constantly scored over 96% (2014, 2015, 2016) and 98% for 2018.
Case in point: our experience was FANTASTIC.
After only 11 seconds, their agent and we connected together. We started to bombard her with questions that were Unique on how to do X and to perform Y. For example, we asked her:
- #1 How to change nameservers on domain names?
- #2 How to create email addresses on SiteGround?
- #3 How to maintain my email inbox free of spam? — She told us they have a software that detects 98 percent of the spam emails.
It was a pleasure. They’re one of the web hosts we’ve analyzed to get a perfect 10 out of 10 in support. How Can We Do Web Hosting
SiteGround customer support agent
Sounds too good to be true? Even after doing a background check and surveying other sources, we still couldn’t find many negative responses about their support.
4. High-Performance WordPress Hosting on All Programs
One of the special attributes that SiteGround plans include (which many other web hosts don’t) is handled WordPress hosting on all accounts.
What does this mean?
For those of you who are out of the loop, this means that someone actually manages the service for you concerning speed, security, support, updates and offers enhancement tools to make your life easier. The SiteGround platform is built on SSD and have an caching tool, the SuperCacher that is vital for your site’s loading speed.
They’re also serious about security by constantly monitoring WordPress vulnerabilities and proactively shielding users.
They plugin updates and take care of WordPress, make daily backups for free in case a random occurrence might bring down your website. (Which is surprisingly common, like when two plugins do not play well together and you are satisfied with the dreaded white screen of death.)
But that’s not all. There’s also stuff in their GrowBig and GoGeek plans as well for power users. These include WordPress staging environments, pre-installed Git, WP-CLI for easy command line management options, PCI compliance for e-shops, 1-year Wildcard SSL for free, priority customer support, free backup and restore.
5. Free Security Add-Ons
Along with the security options available with their WordPress managed hosting, SiteGround also provides security. Tools include hotlink protection and SpamExperts, IP address blocklists, Leech Protect, and SpamAssassin.
You can even add SG Website Scanner (a service that checks your site every day and informs you if it has been hacked or compromised) for a measly $19.8 year.
6. Easy E-Commerce Installs
E-commerce software that power the web’s top sites, such as Magento, can be especially difficult and problematic if you are not technically inclined.
Fortunately, SiteGround removes lots of the hassle by making it easy to choose out of 18 eCommerce applications and set up your favorite one in 1 click. They also give free CDN, server locations, PCI compliance, advanced caching solution for site performance and customers’ experience. In terms of security, customer accounts are isolated from each other by a custom server solution, meaning if one account gets hacked others are not affected.
7. FREE Transfers for Existing Websites
Exactly like many others, SiteGround will move your existing account for free from a former host within 24 hours. In comparison, this process may be paid or can take up to 30 days with hosts.
You get one free site transfer and it’s only for their GrowBig and GoGeek services, but you won’t have to lift a finger or wait a month to get it. For StartUp users a WP Migration tool that is free is offered by them.
SiteGround’s support agents handle all of it. There is also more than one way to move a site.
The easiest way to request a website transfer is to do when you sign up for SiteGround. Just click”Transfer an existing site” from the Account Setup Wizard.
You also have the option to request a website transfer through the support section of your SiteGround Account.
This is an awesome feature if you decide you want to transfer a website later. Just go to User Area ’ Support ’ Request Assistance from Our Team ’ Proceed to contact us here link.
Then, click Transfer Site . How Can We Do Web Hosting
It’s important to remember that SiteGround can only transfer the databases and files of a single website without your email accounts and other accounts settings if your previous web host is not running cPanel.
You also have the option to transfer your site to SiteGround manually, but we recommend taking advantage of the free transfer that accompanies your plan.
8. Affordable Pricing (On-Par with Other Web Hosts)
SiteGround offers quality hosting packed with extra features and they’re generally not the cheapest option available. Currently, their rates are cost matching some of the cheapest in the business (to $3.95 a month, down from $9.99 per month ).
Point is, for each of the stellar options they do offer, now their pricing is a steal compared with other internet hosts of lesser quality.
9. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
SiteGround might not offer a trial of the services, if you’re looking for a web host, but they do offer a money back guarantee which is exactly the sort of security you need.
That way, you will have peace of mind. You don’t need to commit to SiteGround unless you are 100% satisfied with it in your first 30 days of usage.
Notice that some conditions apply to the host’s money back guarantee:
- You have to post a service cancellation petition through the User Area.
- Initial orders for hosting services are covered only within thirty days from the day that SiteGround triggered the service(s).
- Cloud support is fully refundable for the first 15-days after activation.
- Renewal orders aren’t covered.
- Domain name and domain name coverage (ID Protect) fees aren’t refundable. These fees might be due upon cancellation if they are waived as part of a promotion.
- Dedicated hosting, paid support, and third party services are not covered by the money back guarantee.
- Reseller packages are only covered if the entire reseller package is canceled. This guarantee does not apply to the termination of single accounts in a reseller package.
10. Free CDN and SSL Certificate
Another wonderful benefit of using SiteGround’s support is that each and every plan they offer comes equipped with a free SSL certificate and CDN (content delivery network) integration.
These features are a bonus that is HUGE!
Due to the proliferation of cyber attacks and website hacks, Google has changed certain aspects of their algorithm to favor secure and encrypted websites. Namely, sites with an SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
With SiteGround, you will receive a free SSL certificate installation (which normally costs around $60) from’Let us Encrypt SSL’ that will instantly bolster your site’s security and search engine optimization.
Moreover, they’ve included a free integration of Cloudflare’s CDN.
This means that Cloudflare will cache the content and data from your site on their servers that are international and send that content from a location. Speeding up the delivery of your content and enhancing the user experience.
11. Transparency and Community Support
The world of web hosting and cybersecurity is rife with unscrupulous behavior and practices.
Fortunately, SiteGround is committed to providing a clear and straightforward experience to their clients in addition to a community of experts who can help walk you through different challenges and troubleshooting issues.
SiteGround includes an uptime monitor in the navigation menu. They also share the IP address of their data centers, intentionally telling their”GoGeek” clients that they will have fewer accounts in their server than’Startup’ clients (a fact that most shared hosting providers avoid). SiteGround is dedicated to providing a customer experience that is transparent and clear to you and maintaining the ethics of their company.
They possess a strong commitment to the web hosting community and over the years their staff attended, has attended spoken at more than 400 community events.
In conjunction with the degree of support that they provide their clients, this illustrates a commitment to the hosting community and a business culture of support and charity. How Can We Do Web Hosting
>>Get Started With Siteground for $3.95 Per Month<<
Cons of SiteGround Hosting
SiteGround offers uptime, page loading rates, and support. They offer a bunch of nice’extras’ that can help to seal the deal. There are a few drawbacks to consider when shopping around.
Here they are:
1. “Setup Fee” for Monthly Billing
Here is how web hosts get you.
They market an low’monthly’ price. The catch is that so as to get it you often have to register for a couple of years. Other web hosts do not even offer a true’month-to-month’ option, with there being a 1 year deal the shortest they will go.
The fantastic news is that SiteGround’s pricing doesn’t play with that game and is simple. Their advertised price is for the 12-month deal.
Conclusion? Don’t pay monthly.
They also do offer a true’monthly’ option if you would like it. AND it’s the low price that is advertised. The only problem is that they also charge a one-time’setup fee’ on those ‘month-to-month’ plans of an additional $14.95.
2. Limited Storage Space
Compared with other internet hosts, SiteGround’s storage area is a bit on the small size (so you may want to describe disk space if you think it’ll be a concern).
They will offer a note as to how many visitors you can safely manage without experiencing any issues. If you are just starting out, the”StartUp” plan will usually be more than sufficient. If your site grows, you can easily upgrade to a stronger server/plan that’s likely to have more power.
With the StartUp plan, you’ll get 10 GB of web space. SiteGround recommends this plan for around website traffic.
Simply move up to the GrowBig program, if you need more. You will get 20 GB of web space with that plan. If you receive around 25,000 monthly visitors, SiteGround recommends this package.
You’ll receive 30 GB of space if you would like to update to the GoGeek program. SiteGround urges this plan for a website that receives about 100,000 visitors every month.
SiteGround Pricing, Hosting Plans & Quick Facts
Here’s a quick rundown of the hosting plans offered by SiteGround:
Shared Hosting: Their shared hosting includes three Major plans:
- The StartUp plan: This program costs $3.95 a month, can host one website and is acceptable for newbies that are only starting with their website. Can handle up to 10,000 unique visits per month and has the first level of the SuperCacher plugin enabled that’s static cache, 24/7 client support, free CDN, Let’s Encrypt SSL, Unlimited Emails & DBs, free site migration, free daily backup, etc..
- The GrowBig program : This plan costs $5.95 per month and can host multiple sites and this plan can handle up to 25,000 visits per month, a free SSL Wildcard for 1 year, 30 backup copies and complimentary restore, all 3-levels of the SuperCacher, which aids loading time tremendously, client support with priority, although SiteGround has insanely fast response times, GrowBig and GoGeek customers are handled with priority.
- Their GoGeek plan: This plan costs $11.95 per month which can host multiple sites and offers even more space, can handle up to 100,000 visits per month, has all features of the other two plans also 1-click WP staging, pre-installed git, PCI compliance and fewer accounts on the server.
All shared hosting plans include a free email account, free CDN and unlimited bandwidth.
- Domain: Domain prices start from $9.95
- Ease of Signup: Really simple, one-page sign-up process.
- Payment Methods: Credit Card (there are other options available through discussion )
- Hidden Fees and Clauses: They charge a $14.95 setup fee if you pay for their shared hosting plans monthly rather than annually. Sad face You’d be better off spending 1 year upfront to prevent that.
- Upsells: Few… Nothing overly bad.
- Account Activation: Quick account activation.
- Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: cPanel
- Setup of Programs and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): Quick and easy install of popular apps and CMSs using Softaculous.
Can We Recommend SiteGround?
Yes, we do. SiteGround is perfect for people who care deeply about customer support, while not sacrificing quick page speeds or impressive uptime .
They offer a whole lot of additional features that might be perfect for you if eCommerce/WordPress is your goal, or if you’d like security to be managed by somebody else. How Can We Do Web Hosting
Their pricing is on par with other web hosts of quality, so it’s the time.
>>Get Started With Siteground for $3.95 Per Month<<